Sunday, October 25, 2009

Chinchilla Cage 2.0

So Nicolle has been after me for awhile to write some of the blog posts, she insists that my posts are funnier than her's are. So I'm going to try and bring humor back to our blog by writing a post about a chinchilla cage.......yeah that skepticism you have is not dissimilar to the skepticism my student's have when I tell them that C students end up holding cardboard signs next to overpasses.

This weekend's task was to remodel and rebuild the chinchilla cage. This is what the chin cage used to look like:


And this is what it looks like now (speaking of remodeling, I need to remodel myself back to what I looked like in that pic, sign #387 that I'm getting, scratch that, AM old):


Ok couple of disclaimers, in this pic the cage looks like Rosie O'Donnell sat on the right side of the cage and squished it. Before I get several gifts of combination squares, levels, and measuring tapes for Christmas presents, the cage looking so far out of being square is because this pic is actually two pics stitched together by Windows Live Photo Gallery (sorry, even I am not smug enough to be a Macintrash owner). WARNING GUY TALK AHEAD: diagonally the cage measures 100 top right to bottom left, and 100.5 top left to bottom right, you'd almost think I knew what I am doing.

A few notable additions, first off the cage is on wheels now.


This pic shows the two most important improvements. First off I added another set of doors which will make the cage MUCH, MUCH, MUCH easier to clean (translation, Nicolle can actually do it now so I won't have to clean it every time). Second, the wheels might make it so we can move the cage in one piece, please no more taking apart and putting this thing back together.

We embarked on our project at 1:30 pm Saturday and this was our attitude

We finally finished, after a trip to TruValue and to Home Depot in Tri-Cities, at around midnight and our attitude was more like this:

Nothing serious, just the usual testiness that occurs when two people have had a long day. But at the end of the day the chins are happy to be back in their big cage. Next up, building a cage for the sugar gliders.

1 comment:

  1. Nice article. Chinchillas are naturally neat animals that self-groom regularly. You can also read more information about Chinchilla cages that will make your little chinchi live a happy life. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete