Tuesday, October 13, 2009

New Calling

So for those of you who haven't heard, I got a new calling.


I am now the Beehive Advisor in our ward. Starting this upcoming Sunday I will teach the 12 and 13 year old girls for the last hour of church, go to all of their activities and camps, and try to befriend and support them. Most importantly, my Young Women's President says that it is our job as Young Women's leaders to teach them how, and invite them to come unto Christ. That's quite the intimidating task! I hope I am up to it... I am grateful for the amazing leaders and experiences I had in young womens and family members who I can turn to for support, encouragement, and advice. Most importantly, I am grateful for the knowledge that "whom the Lord calls He qualifies." As soon as I got the calling I could just feel this great love for these girls and I look forward to getting to know them in the upcoming weeks and months! Since I was never really active when I was a Beehive, hooray for finally becoming a Beehive at 22!

1 comment:

  1. Well, there's nothing wrong with us beehives. Don't worry about trying to befriend them, all beehives are VERY likable and love to meet new people. That's what makes us stand out in Young Womens. You'll do fine, and find that this is the BEST calling you will ever get! Don't be intimidated by anything. It'll rock and you will NEVER want to leave!

    Bridget

    ReplyDelete