Monday, December 23, 2013

Projects

When we got back from Spokane my good friend Kelly H. had a dresser she found for us at Value Village waiting under our carport.  She also left some cute knobs for it since neither of us liked the square knobs on this one.  Here is what it looked like before.  It's a beaut, I know....
I especially loved all the different hideous 70's kitchen contact papers found in all the different drawers.

I finally decided after a few days that I couldn't stand all the hypothetical discussions of what we maybe wanted to do with the dresser, so I decided it was time to at least wash the thing down and tear out the contact paper.  Then I decided to see what it would look like with the new, cute knobs on it.
In the end, I took the last of the outer coating, a little finish, and a lot of scuff marks and dirt off.  It looked awfully good after!  Here is our final product, which I'm actually pleased with and don't plan to do with much for a while now unless we put a little more finish or sealant on it down the road.

 A few days later I also got it in my pregnant and therefore impaired brain that I could do a sewing project.  I had seen a really cute and simple pattern for stockings on pinterest last year, but never found fabric or time to attempt them.  This year I decided for some reason I might be able to sew and found some cute fabric, so I made a pattern and started with some scrap fabric.

It looked way better without the cuff, much more proportional, but I wanted a cuff.

So, after some adjustments to my pattern, I went back to work, but with real fabric this time.  And - Voila!

I think it turned out really cute!  I still need to decorate it with an S for Steve or sew his name on it, and I will admit that after this we had a lot of craziness and sickness in our house, so I still need to sew the other ones, but here is the fabric they will be made out of.

I am excited to get them made and decorated, even if they probably won't get finished completely till after Christmas.

Our next big project was Ellie's dance recital, and that will be it's own post, so stay tuned for some amazing dancing and hamming it up by our Ellie Bell!

No comments:

Post a Comment