Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Belly

So, I keep meaning to take belly shots of this pregnancy, and yet.... The only pictures I have are from right before our first ultrasound at 9.5 weeks along.  Until today.  Ok, granted, we are now 17.5 weeks along, but at least I finally got it done!  Yup, I'm pregnant.  In fact I had my first moment yesterday where I caught my reflection in a store window and went woah....  I no longer just look fat (yay!), I look - pregnant.  Dumb, I know, but it still doesn't quite sink in for me most of the time.
  From the front.  (Jeans actually kind of hide the belly some - it's way more noticeable in a dress or skirt, which makes it all seem like a huge difference to me on Sundays.)
The other fun part is that this baby is really strong.  I don't feel it all the time, but starting at about 14.5 weeks I could feel the baby a couple times a week and now it's more like a couple times a day.  In fact, this morning Steve came to cuddle with me during the snooze session on his alarm, and I cuddled up and went back to sleep, but apparently Steve wasn't so lucky.  I must have been out of it, because Steve said the baby didn't want his hand on my stomach and kept hitting and kicking it repeatedly!  I love feeling the baby move, it's so reassuring and makes it all seem real somehow, and I love that now Steve gets to feel the baby too.
Oh, and less than 3 weeks till our next ultrasound when we hopefully get to find out whether this little strong one is a boy or a girl!

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited for you guys, whether it's a boy or a girl. Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete