Tuesday, June 8, 2010

29 Weeks

So, an update... Three weeks ago I had a doctor's appointment and they told me that I was gaining weight too fast and that I may be at risk for gestational diabetes. A week ago I went and had the test done. Today, I found out that I am DIABETES FREE! Such a huge relief! I am still on a bit of a restricted diet to try and slow the weight gain, which has worked really well! In fact, I was 2 pounds lighter today than I was 3 weeks ago which is good considering I suddenly and inexplicably had started putting weight on really fast and we had no idea why. Steve and I are only eating whole grain and wheat breads, trying to avoid carbs and snacks, and I try to make sure I get lots of fruits, veggies, and dairy as my snacks between meals so that I get nutrition without many calories. So far, so good.


We also are now at 29 weeks! The doctor today said that her heart rate, growth, and even positioning were all really good and that things are going great. No major complaints, just the typical pregnancy symptoms that everyone deals with, and none of those are even very serious. Steve and I have been so blessed so far throughout this pregnancy and hope things will continue to go well! I can't believe we only have 11 weeks left! That number just seems so small to me now... Just two and a half months and we'll get to see our little girl. Well, actually, we get to see her on the 17th at our next ultrasound. We'll be sure to share pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment