Sunday, May 17, 2009

The New Life of Spring

So, I figure it's been a while since we've put anything about what we're actually up to on here. Spring is here and breathin new life into Steve and I.


I took my last final on Thursday of last week and am officially out of school until late August. Steve and I both feel like a huge weight has been lifted from our shoulders as this last semester was especially hard on me, and as a result on poor Steve... He was a real trooper though and an amazing support. Yeah, I think I'll keep him.

In this picture, I think Steve may be immitating how we were on mornings when he had to help me get up to study this last semester.

So today after I got home from work Steve and I enjoyed a full day of make-up dates we've been missing out on. First, we made cupcakes and went to our closing ward social. Thanks to the Barbers for the cupcake carrier which we finally used for the first time since we got it at our reception; it made the trip much easier! I know it's simple, and Betty Crocker did most of the work, but I was proud my first batch of cupcakes turned out well. They were one of the first desserts gone at the social.


Next, we took a walk through the Arboretum which is always beautiful this time of year. Unfortunately, most of the trees and bushes have already bloomed, but spring was evident in everything around us and we enjoyed basking in the sun. We saw rabbits, squirrels, birds, fish, frogs, ducks, and lots of goslings. Here are a few pictures form the Arboretum.


This picture included just for Kerry's enjoyment and the connection to Steve and Squirrels...
Also, on a more sentimental note, this is the bench where Steve officially proposed, despite the fact that I had been wearing my engagement ring for almost a week prior. The bench sits on the very top of this hill.


After the Arboretum we headed over to Pullman to visit the grizzly bears they have there. Here is the one bear who seemed interested in activity. I swear, Steve is so stinking social he can make friend anywhere! And yes, I am jealous...


Then we visited the bighorn sheep babies, because Steve and I are those sick kind of people who can't get enough of animals or babies.


Lastly we went to the movies and saw Angels and Demons. Steve says it is like 24 Vatican City style. I guess. Anyway, we both liked it and it was a great day!

In other news:

I am officially supervising swimming lessons at UI this summer and working at a second pool in Pullman, hoping to start getting hours soon. I also got hired to do another sign project after the 100 Years project went so well (sort of... or at least turned out well enough).

Steve is still subbing in Potlatch and we have applied to half a dozen jobs. We'll keep praying for guidance and know the Lord will send us where we need to be. We're just also hoping that place has an opening for a biology teacher for next year. I'm also very proud as Steve has come swimming at the UI while I guard the last few weeks and has improved a lot.

Other random news includes the purchase of new tires for the Prism after the old ones finally died. It's funny, but it seemed like a very adult purchase to me. I guess I will never stop having moments where it hits me that I'm an adult (somedays), and married, and will do those types of things now.

The family is doing well despite the fact that we had another jail-break and are now down to 3 newts instead of our original 5. No idea where they go or how they get out, but Steve and I have decided they went on Walk-About.

This blog is too long.
The end.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you guys were having fun. I love the pictures. Good luck to both of you with the jobs. I know the Lord will guide you and help you live the best life possible. Oh, and Lori is quite surprised you liked Angels and Demons. She says she wouldn't ever go see it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve, I can't believe there are pics of you willingly wearing shorts in public! I kept having flashbacks of a younger you sporting the lederhosen look wearing your scout shorts with knee socks pulled up to your thighs. Wow, swimming and shorts?!? I'm sure that's a sign of the second coming!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete