Monday, June 13, 2011

Compare and Contrast... Or DON'T!

Ok, So I am WAY behind on the blog. Ellie turned 10 months yesterday, my nephew Wyatt was born June 1, Steve and I went to the U2 concert in Seattle, Steve just got a NEW JOB, etc etc etc. But, am I going to take the time to update you on all of these developments? Not right now, because I am feeling far too lazy. Instead, I thought I would share this random tidbit.

Four years ago, my Dad took Steve and my engagement photos at Manito Park in Spokane, WA. One of my favorites is in the sidebar of this blog. Here is a photo of us standing at the top of Duncan Gardens in the spring of 2007.
I know, I know. I too only notice how young and skinny we look. Please don't look for the same traits in the following picture as sadly the years have not been very kind to me.

Except they HAVE! Yesterday my Dad (once again) took this picture of our FAMILY standing at the top of the very same Duncan Gardens in Manito Park. The main difference (besides all the extra marriage and pregnancy weight I have yet send packing) is our best decision yet - other than getting married of course, otherwise she wouldn't be here. Ellie!
We just thought it was a fun comparison. Although, that was before I saw how truly young and skinny I looked in that first picture! Why am I still posting this? Who knows. Steve will tell you it's because I have no reason. My Dad would probably say because I have no shame (totally had curlers in my hair in front of 3 total strangers the other day while everyone was making good impressions on Wyatt's other family). The truth is that it's because I take pleasure in the thought that hardly anyone sees this blog. I mean, honestly? We both know I'm right. That's right single viewer, you and me know the truth... And I embrace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment