Monday, September 26, 2011

New Toy

So.... SOMEONE is impatient and can't wait to see Destructo-Girl walk and tear this house apart. Mostly, I can't wait to see pants that don't have to have the knees spray-and-washed 4 times for each time they're worn. Anyway, it's been obvious since she was like 11 months old that Ellie COULD stand on her own, she just doesn't want to because it freaks her out. She still won't do it. And, it's become obvious she can actually stand on her own as well as she doesn't "pull up" on things anymore, but squats her body up into a standing position. On top of it, she can walk barely holding my fingers at a jogging pace, but won't try it without something large to hold on to. Soo..... enter impatient mom.

We bought her this. (I wanted a walking toy she could still play with down the road after she can walk.)Notice anything? Like the fact that her feet can be flat on the ground riding this already and it's meant for much older kids? Yeah, she's a beast. A skinny, tall, beast. I have to admit though, it is nice that I barely have to bend over to hold her hands while she "walks".

Anyway, this toy came in the mail yesterday during nap time, and by the time Ellie was up it was all assembled and ready for play. And doing it's job I might add.
Ok, so secretly I have a ton more pictures of Ellie turning this thing on its side to spin the wheels and crawl over it, but she did this a lot too! She did get mad at it though, because she pushes it full force and isn't ready to move her feet quite so fast yet.
Oh, and I just happened to catch the one time she let go and plopped down on her own. (She does this too, she just won't let go of things and actually stand....)And here is our girl in action. See what I mean about not really needing anything? She can go twice this fast too, and does when we walk out to check the mail while barely holding my hands for balance. It's all about confidence, and hopefully this will give her some.


Yes, I am aware that I will probably hate myself in a few weeks for encouraging this, but I'm so excited to watch our girl accomplish something so big!

No comments:

Post a Comment